Saturday, March 24, 2012

Entry 3 Draft 3

In my research I have found one study that really shocked what I believed.  In the study, "The Effects of Different Types of Music on Cognitive Processes" the author, Robert Hjortsberg, a lawyer in New Orleans, Hjortsberg found that the students with no music performed better than the students that had classical music or rock music.  Hjortsberg predicted that the students with classical music playing in the background would perform better.  The results of this test were none statisfactory of what the author had predicted in the original hypothesis (Hjortsberg 1).  I can understand where in some cases this may stand true but as a general thing, most people would be shocked to realize this.  This study has allowed me to see the other side of the spectrum in this inquiry.  I do know that there are more alternatives to performing better than just listening to classical music while taking a test.   I am on the search for another source to provide information on this side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment